Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Realizing the Dream

You’re probably thinking that’s a bit dramatic, huh? I'm not disagreeing. But, friends, we must remember who we are talking about here. ;) My love for travel is not something that has developed over the past day, week, year, or heck, yearS, but rather, something that’s traceable back to early grade school and my mom. We won’t get into the background, but let the record state that my addiction is actually a genetic disorder. And, said genetic disorder causes me to measure my dreams in terms of travel. (It's not my fault.)


Anyway, back to the task at hand.


Realizing the dream…


It may sound dramatic, but one of my earliest memories of actually longing to go somewhere (prior to that, my mom would tell me where I was going and I would nod and probably ask for a juice box or something) was after seeing a beautiful picture just like this one. I distinctly remember staring at it (If I remember correctly, it was a poster on the wall of a travel agency), and deciding that I must go there. I could not have been older than 8 or 9, and that vision and feeling of longing have stuck with me all of these years.


::cue dramatic music::


We’ll be spending…



4 Nights on beautiful Santorini:

We’ll be spending 4 nights/5 days on the beautiful island of Santorini. We plan on filling our time diving, hitting up wineries, exploring ancient sites & villages, laying on the beach, and enjoying the famous Santorini sunsets—pretty much my dream mix of vacation activities.



Source

I’ve blogged about Santorini hotels a couple of times on this blog here and here, but, ultimately, we ended up choosing another hotel, and couldn’t be more excited about it!

Located just outside of the village of Imerovigli, the charming Anastasis Apartments hotel is not only gorgeous, but pretty reasonably priced for Santorini, as well. And, for the icing on the cake, it’s also known as having outstanding service. In fact, it’s the number one rated hotel on TripAdvisor on all of Santorini.

No comments: