Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust...

United (who coincidently or not, was also named "The Worst Airline-Ever" this week) announced this morning that it, too, will be charging for the first checked bag. The new fee will be $15 each way for each checked bag, and the fee for a third or an overweight bag will increase from $100 or $125 to $200 or $250.


::insert long, drawn-out sigh here::



I hope the oil bubble bursts, well, yesterday! Although, I'm afraid that even if it bursts today, there's no turning back from the new wave of airlines as we know them.



Welcome to your new life, fellow travelers.




1 comment:

Courtney said...

Someone said to me the other day "Very soon, travel is not going to be an option for the average person". I hate to admit it, but I agree. Something needs to be done!