Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Um, thanks?

As you probably know, I got married in November. In order to get my newly minted married passport to me in time for our March trip to St. Lucia, I paid the express fees. I received my passport in January (only a few weeks after I applied) and all was well.

TODAY, April 16, 2008, I get this gem from the US State Department:

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

Your passport application locator number is XXX.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 01/30/2008. Check the USPS status at: *USPS Website with Tracking Number Here.

Um, ok, state department--thanks for the heads up.

Seriously?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ashley I just got the same thing in my email and I got my passport back in January! It would have been nice if they sent that message THEN when I was wondering what was going on!